– Unless otherwise excused, practice starts with team meeting in room 335 at 2:45 (Fri @ 2:35).
– Athletes that have to stay after with a teacher should bring a note to their event coach if they are late.
– Athletes should attend practice every day after school. However, if an athlete is going to be absent from practice, they should contact me and their event coach via e-mail, otherwise they have an unexcused absence.
– Unexcused absences may result in suspension from a future scheduled competition.
– Varsity athletes will have one to two fitness center workouts per week. Times TBA
– Athletes that compete in a Wednesday JV meet are expected to be at practice on Thursday, meeting at 2:45 in room 335.
– All effort will be made for JV athletes to get at least one opportunity to compete at a varsity meet at the Reggie Lewis Center.
– Last practice for JV athletes is 1/31.
– Last practice for distance runners that don’t qualify for BSC and post-season meets is 2/2
– Last practice for athletes whose last meet is the Bay State conference meet is 2/5.
– All state meet qualifiers will continue to practice through the D2 state meet.
Holiday Practice Schedule
If athletes are in Natick and don’t have previous commitments, they are expected to be at practice during the holiday. Likely practices will be during the morning of 12/26, 12/27, 12/28, & 12/31 at the high school. More information about practice dates will be available as we get closer to the holiday. If your athlete has a family commitment or other acceptable reason for not being at practice, they should inform their event coach prior to the holiday.
IMPORTANT: If you are being picked-up by a parent from a weekday Reggie Lewis meet, the parent must send an e-mail to me (firstname.lastname@example.org) stating the intention to pick-up the athlete from the meet. The e-mail should be sent no later than the morning of the dual meet or the Friday before a weekend meet. Athletes may ride with another parent, but an email giving permission should be sent to the athletic director, email@example.com.
Winter 2018-2019 MSTCA Schedule of Meets– Click for a schedule of all Invitational meets
Athletic.net – Results site for athletes
Start times as indicated. At varsity dual meets, Boys JV mile starts 15 mins prior to the start time. LOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE FOR INFORMATION ABOUT INVITATIONALS. 1/4″ pyramid spikes may be used on Thursdays at the Reggie for jumps, 55 dash, and hurdles only. Spikes may also be used for oval running events during weekend invitational meets.
SEASON SCHEDULE NEEDS TO BE UPDATED . 11/25/2018
|Thu 12/13||Varsity Dual Meet v. Brookline 4:30||Reggie Lewis Center|
|Sat 12/15||Winter Festival ***||Reggie Lewis Center|
|Wed 12/19||JV Meet 6:15||Milton High School|
|Thu 12/20||Varsity Dual Meet v. Braintree 4:30||Reggie Lewis Center|
|Sun 12/23||MSTCA Speed Classic **||Reggie Lewis Center|
|Thu 1/3||Varsity Dual Meet v. Newton North 4:30||Reggie Lewis Center|
| Fr/So Invitational**
JV Meet 6:15
|Reggie Lewis Center
Milton High School
|Sun 1/13||D2 State Relays **||Reggie Lewis Center|
| JV Meet 4:00
Varsity Dual Meet v. Framingham 4:30
|Newton North High
Reggie Lewis Center
|Wed 1/23||JV Meet 4:00||Newton North High School|
|Thu 1/24||Varsity Dual Meet v. Wellesley 4:30||Reggie Lewis Center|
|Sat 1/26||Coaches Invitational – Large Schools||Reggie Lewis Center|
|Tue 1/29||JV Meet||Newton North High School|
|Wed 1/30||Varsity Conference Invitational 4:30||Reggie Lewis Center|
|Wed 2/6||BSC Meet* 4:30||Reggie Lewis Center|
|Fri 2/15||D2 State Meet**||Reggie Lewis Center|
|Sat 2/23||All State Meet**||Reggie Lewis Center|
|Tue 2/26 Boys
Wed 2/27 Girls
|Individual Pentathlon||Reggie Lewis Center|
|Sat 3/2||New England Championships**|
|Mar 8-10||New Balance Indoor Nationals**||The Armory, New York City|
* Individual entries based on season performance – Two entries per event plus lowest division state meet standards plus two (2) wild card entries in any event
** Qualifying meet – Must meet state meet standards for D2 meet, or advance based on performance at D2 meet or All State Meet.
*** Open to JV athletes