– Unless otherwise excused, practice starts with team meeting in room 335 at 2:45 (Fri @ 2:35).
– Athletes that have to stay after with a teacher should bring a note to their event coach if they are late.
– Athletes should attend practice every day after school. However, if an athlete is going to be absent from practice, they should contact me and their event coach via e-mail, otherwise they have an unexcused absence.
– Unexcused absences may result in suspension from a future scheduled competition.
– Varsity athletes will have one to two fitness center workouts per week. Times TBA
– Athletes that compete in a Wednesday JV meet are expected to be at practice on Thursday, meeting at 2:45 in room 335.
– All effort will be made for JV athletes to get at least one opportunity to compete at a varsity meet at the Reggie Lewis Center.
– Last practice for JV athletes is 1/31.
– Last practice for distance runners that don’t qualify for BSC and post-season meets is 2/2
– Last practice for athletes whose last meet is the Bay State conference meet is 2/5.
– All state meet qualifiers will continue to practice through the D2 state meet.
Holiday Practice Schedule
If athletes are in Natick and don’t have previous commitments, they are expected to be at practice during the holiday. Likely practices will be during the morning of 12/26, 12/27, 12/28, & 12/31 at the high school. More information about practice dates will be available as we get closer to the holiday. If your athlete has a family commitment or other acceptable reason for not being at practice, they should inform their event coach prior to the holiday.
IMPORTANT: If you are being picked-up by a parent from a weekday Reggie Lewis meet, the parent must send an e-mail to me (email@example.com) stating the intention to pick-up the athlete from the meet. The e-mail should be sent no later than the morning of the dual meet or the Friday before a weekend meet. Athletes may ride with another parent, but an email giving permission should be sent to the athletic director, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Winter 2018-2019 MSTCA Schedule of Meets– Click for a schedule of all Invitational meets Spring 2018 MSTCA Schedule of Meets
Athletic.net – Results site for athletes Baystaterunning.com – Mass Track and XC Information Site Milesplit – Massachusetts and US Information Site for track and XC
Start times as indicated. At varsity dual meets, Boys JV mile starts 15 mins prior to the start time. LOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE FOR INFORMATION ABOUT INVITATIONALS. 1/4″ pyramid spikes may be used on Thursdays at the Reggie for jumps, 55 dash, and hurdles only. Spikes may also be used for oval running events during weekend invitational meets.
SEASON SCHEDULE NEEDS TO BE UPDATED . 11/25/2018
|Thu 12/13||Varsity Dual Meet v. Brookline 4:30||@ Elm Bank Bus leaves school at 2:40 and returns around 5:30|
|Sat 12/15||Winter Festival ***||@ Larz Anderson|
|Wed 12/19||JV Meet 6:15||@ Wompatuck State Park|
|Thu 12/20||Varsity Dual Meet v. Braintree 4:30||@ Houghton’s Pond|
|Sun 12/23||MSTCA Speed Classic **||@ Goddard State Park, Warwick RI|
|Thu 1/3||Varsity Dual Meet v. Newton North 4:30||@ Walpole|
|Sun 1/6||Fr/So Invitational**||@ Cutler Park|
|Wed 1/9||JV Meet 6:15||@ Wrentham Developmental Center|
|Sun 1/13||D2 State Relays **||@ Elm Bank|
|Wed 1/16||JV Meet 4:00||@ Goddard State Park, Warwick RI|
|Thu 1/17||Varsity Dual Meet v. Framingham 4:30||@ Wrentham Developmental Center|
|Wed 1/23||JV Meet 4:00||@ Wrentham Developmental Center|
|Thu 1/24||Varsity Dual Meet v. Wellesley 4:30||@ Wrentham Developmental Center|
|Sat 1/26||Coaches Invitational – Large Schools||@ Gardner Golf Course, Gardner MA|
|Tue 1/29||JV Meet||Van Cortland Park, Bronx, NY|
|Wed 1/30||Varsity Conference Invitational 4:30||Bowdoin Park, Wappingers Falls, NY|
|Tue 2/26 Boys|
|Wed 2/27 Girls|
* Individual entries based on season performance – not all Natick athletes will compete
** Qualifiers from EMASS Meet
*** 7 varsity, up to 20 JV, and 7 Freshman runners will participate. Based on season performance
**** All Natick runners compete. Last meet except for post-season runners